Welcome to the Collaborative Robotics Lab (Collab) at Virginia Tech! We create learning and control algorithms for robots that collaborate with people. Our goal is to develop intelligent robots that understand — and are understood by — their human partners. These robots personalize their behavior: continually adapting to what the human wants and proactively helping them to achieve their goals. Overall, our research explores the intersection of human-robot interaction, machine learning, and control theory, with applications in personal, interactive, and assistive robots.
Prospective StudentsThank you for your interest! You can find more information here.
- We are hosting a workshop on communicating robot learning at ICRA 2023. Applications are open for presentations and travel grants! See details here.
- RISO grippers will be at RoboSoft 2023. Congradulations to Shaunak, Yeunhee, and Joshua for this collaborative research with the Soft Materials and Structures Lab at Virginia Tech!
- How can robots influence humans over long-term interaction? Shahab, Ye-Ji, Neema, and Ben will explain our findings at ICRA 2023. This was collaborative research with UIUC and UC Berkeley.
- Congradulations to all the graduate and undergraduate students in Collab for their hard work during 2022 :)
- Sagar and Soheil will present RILI at the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).