Welcome to the Collaborative Robotics Lab (Collab) at Virginia Tech! We create learning and control algorithms for robots that collaborate with people. Our goal is to develop intelligent robots that understand — and are understood by — their human partners. These robots personalize their behavior: continually adapting to what the human wants and proactively helping them to achieve their goals. Overall, our research explores the intersection of human-robot interaction, machine learning, and control theory, with applications in personal, interactive, and assistive robots.
- Soheil and Antonio explain their research on communicating robot learning for VT News. See Soheil's interview here.
- Collab is featured in a book! Check out Chapter 9 of Uncertain: The Wisdom and Wonder of Being Unsure by Maggie Jackson.
- Congradulations to Josh on his journal paper! See Josh's study of the normalizing function when inferring human rewards.
- Congradulations to Shaunak for his journal paper on unified learning from phyiscal interactions.
- Welcome to our two new students - Maya and Bala!