Welcome to the Collaborative Robotics Lab (Collab) at Virginia Tech! We create learning and control algorithms for robots that collaborate with people. Our goal is to develop intelligent robots that understand — and are understood by — their human partners. These robots personalize their behavior: continually adapting to what the human wants and proactively helping them to achieve their goals. Overall, our research explores the intersection of human-robot interaction, machine learning, and control theory, with applications in personal, interactive, and assistive robots.
Prospective StudentsThank you for your interest! You can find more information here.
- Sagar and Soheil will present RILI at the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).
- Collab will be at ICRA 2022. We hope to see you in Philadelphia!
- Congradulations to Soheil for back-to-back journal publications! Soheil explores how robots can convey information when asking questions or forming teams.
- Wrapped haptic displays will be at RoboSoft. This is joint research with the RAAD Lab at Purdue University. Congradulations to Ritish, Naman, Antonio, and Francesco!
- Our group will present three papers at the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA). Congradulations to Shaunak, Sagar, Ananth, and Ehsan!